Re: RE: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - Other health risks

2005-10-25 02:32:35
Eric,

Things vary country to country. You can get contradictory information based
upon what country you are currently in & what one you are traveling to.  Having
lived abroad a number of years, I have gotten 'official' but contradictory
information about vacinations, etc. depending upon the source.  This is not
something we need to cover in any kind of RFC, IMO.

John

From: "Gray, Eric" <Eric(_dot_)Gray(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com>
Date: 2005/10/24 Mon PM 06:50:09 EEST
To: "'John Loughney'" <john(_dot_)loughney(_at_)kolumbus(_dot_)fi>
CC: jordi(_dot_)palet(_at_)consulintel(_dot_)es,
"'ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org'" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Subject: RE: IETF Meeting Venue Selection Criteria - Other health risks

John,

      Cover it or not, I certainly hope that meeting organizers
take these things into account.  Visiting some countries can
make it impossible to visit others, at least for a certain time.
For example, many Asian countries will not grant a visa to any
body who has been in Africa recently.  Or at least this used to
be the case...

      Also, it is irresponsible for anyone to organize a meeting
in a country where innoculation is required for entry without
making an announcement - or including that information in other
announcements - to that effect.  I can well imagine that such an
announcement can be expected to prevent some people from going
to such a meeting.

--
Eric Gray