Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Appeal: Publication of draft-lyon-senderid-core-01 in conflict with referenced draft-schlitt-spf-classic-02

2005-12-09 06:59:11
Julian Mehnle writes:
As my appeal[1] pointed out, at the time draft-lyon-senderid-core-00 was
submitted for experimental status, there was no "running code" that
actually interpreted "v=spf1" as "spf2.0/mfrom,pra".

Perhaps you shouldn't have said that.  Sendmail's sid-milter has used
v=spf1 records for PRA checks since its initial release in August
2004.  I don't know the date for draft-lyon-senderid-core-00, but I
believe it was well after August.

--
Dick St.Peters, stpeters(_at_)NetHeaven(_dot_)com

-------