Re: Last call IETF experiments

2005-12-14 14:36:51

Sam sez:
It's certainly current IESG procedure that we can last call
informationals and experimentals.  I don't know that 2026 does or
needs to say anything about it.  Unless it is forbidden it seems like
a reasonable decision making tool for the IESG to apply in some cases.

imo - its quite reasonable for the IESG to specifically ask the IETF
community for its views on whatever topic the IESG would like to know
the community's opinion about (and a Last-Call is a tool for the IESG to
use to find out the community's opinion)

Scott