Re: ancients-moderns dispute (was: PDF, Postscript, and "normative" versions (was: Re: Baby Steps (was RE: Alternative formats for IDs)))

2006-01-06 17:42:09
At 18:49 06/01/2006, Bob Braden wrote:

  *>
  *> Why not to just to proceed step by step and experiment? Let create an
  *> optional non-ascii art RFC-Editor repositories, for images quoted in
  *> RFCs. This will not permit non-ASCII art to be normative but will
  *> permit non-ASCII art to be _better_ descriptive in a first time.
  *> Experience will show if there are many such images. If there is a
  *> real need for normative non-ASCII art, it will provide experience to
  *> create a non-ASCII art IANA registry making sure they will survive,
  *> at an adeqate place.
  *>
  *> jfc

This has been in place for many years, in the form of PS and/or
PDF versions of RFCs.  What am I missing?

I am not suggesting a repository of the RFC PDF version. But a repository of the _art_ attached to an ASCII version. So we first see if there is a real need through the usage made.
jfc