RE: IAB Response to Appeal from Jefsey Morfin

2006-02-02 08:10:53
Speaking for myself --

As noted in the appeal, quite a few documents relate to the revocation of posting rights. They cover different types of lists, authorized enforcers, potential behaviors, remedies, and procedures. At this point, the major issue seems to be non-WG lists. I don't think that the full set of documents needs to be replaced to clarify most of the questions. That would be quite an undertaking and the IETF needs a clear, consistent set of guidelines in the meantime.

So it is possible that a "glue document" would do the job; it is also possible that the situation could be addressed without any documents at all, just by a clear set of guidelines and a statement of policy The major issue is whether the policy is clearly stated, widely understood and agreed to by the community and fairly administered.

From: "Gray, Eric" <Eric(_dot_)Gray(_at_)marconi(_dot_)com>
To: "'Bernard Aboba'" <bernard_aboba(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>, leslie(_at_)thinkingcat(_dot_)com, hartmans-ietf(_at_)mit(_dot_)edu
CC: iab(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: IAB Response to Appeal from Jefsey Morfin
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 16:40:29 -0500

Bernard,

        The way I interpret your statement is that you feel that
replacement of the existing set of documents - possibly with a
single new document - is preferred to writing one or more new
documents with the intent to just "glue" the current set back
together.

        Is that a correct interpretation?

--
Eric