RE: Last Call comment on draft-hartman-mailinglist-experiment-01. txt

2006-03-15 08:11:11
Ted,

        It does not make sense to propose a change to a referenced
document in order to "help explain the need for the" referencing
document.

        In addition, an indefinite period of time is - by itself -
a more than sufficient difference.

        Usually, a suspension of any privilege for an indefinite
period of time (as opposed to any definite period of time) means
there are (or should be) explicit steps to take to have the lost
privilege re-instated.  In the absence of an explicitly defined
re-instatement process, "indefinite period of time" is effectively
"forever".  A suspension for a definite time period means that the
privilege is automatically re-instated after the defined period of
time has elapsed - whether it is months, years or decades.

        A manual re-instatement process typically means applying to
the same body that suspended a privilege in the first place for a
re-instatement.  This is a stark distinction.

--
Eric