IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Party Events for Tuesday

2006-03-21 08:35:30
IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Party Events for Tuesday

**I Wish I Had an IETF Tattoo Day**

Ever wished you had an IETF tattoo? Today, your wish can come true with the hot-off-the-presses temporary version of the IETF(_at_)20 tattoo. Pick up a tat at the IETF(_at_)20 table. These aren?t as limited as the grey beards but since we know the tats will be coveted for those boring meetings back in the office where you might want to come in emblazoned with IETF body art, I will remind you that these are first-come, first-served and will be placed on the table at random times during the day. Be nice and share.

**Tuesday?s Social Gone Wild over IETF(_at_)20**

On March 21st, in conjunction with IETF65, Nokia and the Internet Society cordially invite you to celebrate IETF(_at_)20 in Dallas, Texas at the traditional IETF Social. It will be held at Eddie Deen's Ranch in downtown Dallas, Texas.

Planned festivities include:

* Reprise of David Clark's famous "rough consensus and running code" speech from David himself. * Acknowledgment of the founders of the IETF and those that have played an important role in its growth * Remarks from the current IETF and IAB Chairs with a toast-off to the future of the IETF (so start working on the toasts now?) * Tons of good food, drinks and IETF colleagues - from the first IETF all the way to the present. * A cake worthy of the IETF - chocolate sculptures and quotable quotes ­ bring your camera.

Tickets are still available. Busses will be leaving from the hotel. Paddles and life jackets are optional. For driving directions, visit http://www.eddiedeen.com/ranch_facility.htm

For the folks that can?t attend, we?ll be taping the festivities and archiving video on the web in a week or two. Crack a brew and watch on your monitor.

**IETF(_at_)20 Trivia**

One aside: Steven Bellovin, who wished he could have been in Dallas on Monday to be part of the real grey beard faction, thought the trivia buffs in the crowd would like to visit http://ioih.org ­ The Institute of Internet History.

Visit today?s trivia event at http://ietf20.isoc.org/trivia/. Take a minute or two to test your knowledge of the IETF and get a chance to be one of 20 lucky people each day to receive a bag filled with IETF(_at_)20 goodies.

For today's (Tuesday?s) drawing, we will select the first 5 submitters, 10 random names and the 5 last submitters from all entries. Timing is everything.

If you were a winner for Monday?s event, you should have received an email from me telling you so. Pick up your prize during the course of the IETF65 meeting in the ISOC office. Office hours will be posted with the winners list on the IETF(_at_)20 table. The ISOC office is at the Opal Room on Tower lobby floor across from Business Center.

Want to add your own trivia question? Send the question and three answers (including the right one) to ietf20(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org(_dot_) We?ll add it to future quizzes if we can.

**Miscellany**

IETF(_at_)20 Guerilla Partying is sponsored by ISOC for IETF65. This is for entertainment. None of your registration fees were used to support these activities. No humans were harmed (but possibly should have been) during the planning process. No RFCs are available to further explain this and none are planned. Yes, there will be different activities each day. And, if you don?t want to pay attention to the IETF(_at_)20 stuff because it makes you feel too young or you are too busy trying to find all the good beer places in Dallas, delete these messages.

**Monday?s Trivia Q&A**

1. For what document was the longest ever single sitting working group meeting convened? Host Requirements from 8 am until 2 am the next morning. Masochists, anyone?

2. Who was the first chair of the IETF?
    Mike Corrigan (say hi to him at the social)

3. The IETF had its own series of document separate from RFCs and prior to Internet Drafts. Name it and expand the acronym. IDEAS - Internet Design, Engineering and Analysis Series. We are so clever with our names, aren?t we?

4. Who was member #1 for the ISOC?
Jon Postel. Yes, he whipped out his checkbook and threw the check across the table to Vint. The rest is history. I?m pretty sure ISOC still takes checks.

5. Given an infinite bandwith and a round trip time of 20ms, what's the maximum throughput of a TCP connection assuming no negotiated options.
    50 * 64K = 3200K