IPv6 Subsets?

2006-04-18 21:44:18
Ok, Ok, I probably haven't been paying attention, but...

If a device implements a subset of IPv6, (e.g., no IPsec, no mobile
IP), is it generally understood that this device "implements IPv6"?

Has a standard subset of IPv6 been defined for very low-end devices
that simply can't implement a full IPv6?

As far as I can tell, we are at least informally moving towards
IPv6-over-some-oddball-medium solutions that only implement a subset
of IPv6, but it is not clear to me that they are always the same subset.
It is also not clear to me whether this matters much.

-tjs