Possible General Area MiniBOF 1: IESG structure and charter

2006-04-28 04:50:07
People willing to work actively (i.e draft or
and edit) a document on this topic are
invited to contact me immediately. The objective
is to plan a mini-BOF during the General Area open
meeting at IETF 66. Without committed volunteers
in the community, this work will not happen.

The IESG charter (RFC 3710) was intentionally published
as an Informational RFC to fill a known gap, without the
overhead and formality of a BCP. It may now be appropriate
to refine and adapt it, based on experience and changes
since RFC 3710 was published. At minimum, the creation
of IASA requires makes some updates necessary.
(Note that draft-carpenter-ietf-chair-tasks contains
some relevant comments.)

RFC 3710 was produced by the IESG itself. I would certainly
want IESG members to be involved in any revision, but
it is important that members of the community also
take an active role, to ensure that the result meets
community expectations as well as practical reality.

  Brian Carpenter
  General Area Director