Re: I-D ACTION:draft-iab-rfc-editor-00.txt

2006-06-09 06:29:26
Eliot Lear wrote:
Brian E Carpenter wrote:

Although I'm an IAB member, I'd rather make my one comment
on this draft in public.

I think it misses one point that should be mentioned. The
easiest way to explain it is to suggest new text:

4.4. Avoiding interference between publication streams

Nice as this sounds, apparently the IESG seems to have no problem
approving documents within a stream that interfere with each other.

Well, that gets a bit complicated. I was going to say that we
wouldn't do that *intentionally*, but we might - if there was in
fact IETF consensus to develop alternative solutions for the same
problem. But we certainly shouldn't approve two different uses for
the same TLV, for example.

Perhaps we could have some guidance there as well?

Like, the IESG should apply common sense? ;-)

Seriously, I find it hard to see what words would help here.

   Brian