RE: Comments on draft-iab-rfc-editor: IETF control

2006-06-11 09:23:34
May I suggest a different set of questions, on the "independent" list?
Instead of arguing about what the RFC Editor is, or who created, defines, or controls it, lets try to figure out whether we need to change the current situation, and if so what changes we need to make.

1) Does John Klensin's draft accurately describe what we are currently doing? I believe so. 2) Do the small changes he proposes to have done make sense? Primarily, those seem to relate providing an appeals path.
3) Are their other changes to the current situation we would like to make?

Lets not arguing about what goes in which contract, or whose pocket the money comes from.
Please.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern