RE: Image attachments to ASCII RFCs (was: Re: Last Call: 'Propose d Experiment: Normative Format in Addition to ASCII Text' to Experimental RFC (draft-ash-alt-formats))

2006-06-20 23:39:25

As we have announced at several plenary reports (does anyone ever pay
attention??),
the RFC Editor has been trying to work with the xml2rfc fraternity to
make xml2rfc into an effective document formatting tool.
It has not been quick or easy.  I just checked with one of our editors,
Alice Hagens, who uses xml2rfc regularly.
She tells me that she entered several issues into the xml2rfc tracker,
but she does not think "anyone is looking at it any more."

[YJS] I have heard it several times.

But when I say that we have a problem in developing the document
handling tools,
people on this list tell me that we aren't even doing any development,
that this is just a groupd of volunteers, and that their progress in no
way
effects the process.