Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

2006-06-23 15:09:39
Very much agreed.

--
Sent from my Palm Treo - Sorry if Terse

 -----Original Message-----
From:   Keith Moore [mailto:moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu]
Sent:   Friday, June 23, 2006 05:25 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:     Burger, Eric
Cc:     ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject:        Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF?
(was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:18:40 -0400
"Burger, Eric" <eburger(_at_)cantata(_dot_)com> wrote:

I would offer that in *some* groups the running code bar is reasonable.

I would have little objection to requiring running code as a test of
feasibility of a new idea.  I would object strongly to an argument that just
because someone has running code, means it's a good indication of adequacy of
the protocol...DKIM is a great example of a poorly designed protocol that has
been justified by running code.