Re: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF?(was: moving from hosts to sponsors)

2006-06-26 15:11:10
On 6/26/06, Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

> From: Robert Sayre [mailto:sayrer(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]

> The advice WGs need most often is probably "most of your
> goals are false ones, and this design is 10x too
> complicated". In the apps area, "stop using W3C XML Schema"
> is probably up there, too.

That is not good advice, the SGML DTD mechanism is even more grossly defective.

No comment, but I didn't say "use DTDs".

The solution in this case is to propose an alternative schema mechanism.
People speak highly of relax.

Use Relax NG.

It is an issue but not a major one, certainly XML Schema is broken
and should be fixed

Can't be fixed, from what I know. I do think it is a major issue.

but the solution is not to bar its use, that is predjudice masquerading as
architecture.

The banning suggestion was ha-ha-only-serious, but it would not be
prejudice. It would be discrimination, in the best sense of the word.

--

Robert Sayre