RE: are we willing to do change how we do discussions in IETF? (w as: moving from hosts to sponsors)

2006-06-27 09:50:13
Tom,

        This would be a bad idea as a general rule - though it is
(I believe) one of the things that ADs look at.

        The problem is that there are good examples of WGs where
the chair was a key author as well and it worked just fine.  In
addition, there are also examples where a chair has had to step
in because (as is often the case when dealing with volunteers)
nobody else would step up to the task.

--
Eric

--[SNIP]--
-->
--> I think that the single change most likely to keep WGs on track is to
ensure
--> that they do not have a single dominant participant, eg one who is both
chair
--> and author of key I-Ds.  The WGs I see most at risk of going round in
circles
--> and/or producing output that falls short of what is needed are ones
such.
-->
--[SNIP]--