Re: Last Call: 'A Lightweight UDP Transfer Protocol for the the Internet Registry Information Service' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-crisp-iris-lwz)

2006-08-15 08:59:25
Frank,

Some general questions about this draft:

1 - Has anybody implemented it ?

Yes, we have implemented it (as of ID-version 05). VeriSign, too. I've
heard there is at least another implementation.

2 - If so, do test servers exist for client developers ?

I can't provide (yet) with a link from us. VeriSign's got an open source
implementation:
http://iris.verisignlabs.com/
Both, IRISserv and FlowerBed include an LWZ-transport implementation, the
latter being more current, I think.

4 - Could a server just offer a whois interface and be done
    with it ?

I don't understand this question.

Example A.1 contains elements <salt> and <md5>, what is this ?

The parent element (<bag>) is explained in RFC3981, the contents of the
parent are not defined by IRIS. Read section 4.4 of that RFC for
clarifications.

Best regards,
Marcos Sanz