OT : WAS: RE: IETF/US General Election

2006-10-10 11:28:33
Be careful offering legal advise.

I wasn't offering legal advice but thanks for the warning; if I ever
mean to offer legal advice I will explicitly call it out as legal
advice. Generally I express my opinions, thoughts, and feelings and not
legal advice.

A few people have pointed out that absentee voting policies vary by
state and I believe it is true and further the fed has its own policies.
Thanks for the information.

ram

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Strahm [mailto:bill(_at_)strahm(_dot_)net]
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 9:18 PM
To: Moskovitz, Ram Austryjak
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: IETF/US General Election

Be careful offering legal advise.  I believe what you are proposing is a
state issue.  For example in Oregon we ONLY have mail in ballots.  Other
states will have varying degrees of absentee balloting - each with their
own fun interpretations.

Bill
Moskovitz, Ram Austryjak wrote:
You can choose permanent absentee status and vote using paper
indefinitely.