RE: I understand that there is an ISO MOU with the IETF- ...

2006-10-12 17:02:16

--On Thursday, 12 October, 2006 18:27 -0400 Scott Bradner
<sob(_at_)harvard(_dot_)edu> wrote:

see RFC 3563 for one agreement

Scott, there are lots of agreements at the WG-WG level.  There
are even a few agreements creating and identifying IETF Category
A liaisons to a few selected ISO/IEC JTC1 SCs (all of which are
readily available, as Dave pointed out).

Those arrangements are not MOUs, they are either Cooperative
Agreements, Joint Development Agreements, or Category (usually
A) Liaison Agreements, each of which has a very specific
definition in the JTC1 Directives which are, themselves
available via ISO's Web site at http://www.iso.ch/ with variant
details being documented either in RFCs (typically paralleling
ISO/IEC JTC1 numbered documents) or on our web site.

But we have never had a liaison relationship, or document
recognition agreement of any other type, at the "ISO" or ISO/IEC
JTC1 levels as far as I know and documents like 3563 certainly
don't change that.  Indeed, requests for such a relationship,
when we made them, were repeatedly turned down.

More below.

--On Thursday, 12 October, 2006 15:20 -0700 "Fleischman, Eric"