RE: Last Call: 'Guidance for AAA Key Management' to BCP (draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt)

2006-11-19 17:04:04
I'm talking about MSK, not TSK. By the time EAP authentication is
completed
successfully, there is an MSK but the EAP peer does not know the
"identifier
of the parties to whom the session key is available."

At the completion of the EAP method conversation, the MSK/EMSK is provided
to two parties,  the peer (identified by the Peer-Id) and the server
(identified
by the Server-Id).

And to the authenticator (via AAA protocols). That's the issue I'm trying to
highlight. The third legitimate owner of the key is not identifiable by the
time the key is made available to all the parties. I don't see a definition
of "Authenticator-Id".

Is there an issue with the explanation in the document?

The I-D currently does not have any text describing this. So, it'd be
useful
to include one. Russ had agreed with me, but I had a question about the
normative language. Your above text clarifies it all. Thanks.

Ideally this should be clarified in the document itself, not just in an
email on the IETF list :)

Yes please :-)

Alper