Possible INFRINGEMENT... 'BAIDU.com' et al ("CHINA's GOOGLE")

2006-11-24 12:53:57

From: "Casey Farrell" <oieau_wow(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
To: greensowstiki(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com
CC: fulton_hall_company(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)com
Subject: FW: Re: Possible INFRINGEMENT... 'BAIDU.com' et al ("CHINA's GOOGLE")
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:15:34 -0800

From: Julie Lindner <julie(_at_)eff(_dot_)org>
To: Casey Farrell <oieau_wow(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 13:39:50 -0800

Hi Casey,

Thank you for contacting EFF. While EFF cannot give you legal advice, I can point you to several online resources that discuss U.S. copyright law, fair use rights and the DMCA.

EFF - Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
http://www.eff.org/IP/DMCA/

You should also review the Chilling Effects Clearinghouse website <www.chillingeffects.org>. CE is as online informational resource that addresses Internet IP/domain issues: (C&Ds, trademark/copyright claims, parody/gripe sites, anonymity, defamation, cybersquatting, reverse engineering, linking etc.)

CE - Copyright and Fair Use:
http://www.chillingeffects.org/fairuse/

CE - Piracy or Copyright Infringement:
http://www.chillingeffects.org/piracy/

CE - Frequently Asked Questions (and Answers) about Copyright and Fair Use: http://www.chillingeffects.org/fairuse/faq.cgi

Additionally, the following websites have extensive information about U.S. copyright issues and links to other resources about Fair Use and Multimedia web sites.

The Stanford Copyright and Fair Use Center:
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/

The Fair Use Network:
http://fairusenetwork.org/

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions after reviewing the resources listed above.

Regards,
Julie
--
Julie Lindner
Intake Coordinator

Casey Farrell wrote:
Casey Farrell, Designer

Attn: JULIE                                      RE: BAIDU (recent IPO)
c/o   EFF.org
     San Francisco

There is a chance that an INFRINGEMENT has occurred...and was wondering if EFF.org might recommend a course of action, one based upon knowledge of INTERNET revenues. Please advise.

By the way, I found your page on Intellectual Property rather remarkable in this day and age.

Best Regards

 Casey Farrell

MSN Shopping has everything on your holiday list. Get expert picks by style, age, and price. Try it! http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8000,ptnrid=176,ptnrdata=200601&tcode=wlmtagline