RE: A plea for subject line sanity (RE: DNS Choices: Was: [ietf-dkim] Re: Last Call: 'DomainKeys)

2006-12-07 11:27:41
From: william(at)elan.net [mailto:william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net]

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Harald Alvestrand wrote:

PLEASE....

it would be best for all, I think, if people who wish to rehash all
the discussions from the ASRG mailing list take that
discussion to the
ASRG mailing list.

But - failing that - could you PLEASE put the word "SPAM" in the
subject

Please don't do that. "SPAM" is subject line is used by large
number of user filters tht post-process messages sent for
example by SpamAssasin.
Instead use "Anti-Spam" (note no capilization of "spam") in
the subject line or preferably more specific subject or if
its general something like "email architecture".

I think that that was actually his point.

I agree that this debate simply recapitulates the debate in ASRG, MARID and
DKIM. But isn't that the point of IETF last call?

Since the last call finished many weeks ago everyone can stop now.