RE: [FW: Re: IETF last call on draft-barany-eap-gee-04.txt]

2007-01-05 18:13:48

-----Original Message-----
From: Yoshihiro Ohba [mailto:yohba(_at_)tari(_dot_)toshiba(_dot_)com]
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 1:04 PM
To: Dondeti, Lakshminath
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [FW: Re: IETF last call on draft-barany-eap-gee-04.txt]

Even if figures are removed, if text still says that GEE is
not EAP lower layer, that is still incorrect from protocol
layering point of view.

So, I think that what needs to be clarified in the draft so
that it complies with RFC 3748 is:

- From functional point of view, GEE provides an additional
functionality to run parallel EAP conversations, which is not
a required functionality for EAP lower layer.

No dispute here. The document doesn't say that it is a required function
for any lower layer.

- From protocol layering point of view, GEE is part of EAP
lower layer in terms of RFC 3748.

This is what I said we will clarify as part of the "EAP lower layer and
GEE" text in my earlier email.

So, seems like we are in agreement.

Vidya

Hope this helps,