Re: Intermediate wg summaries

2007-01-16 07:02:00
I don't think these have to be either-or propositions. A mixture of both, combined with pre-scheduled "breakout" sessions that parallelize some of the lower-interest drafts, might offer value to all participants. Naturally, details depend on the state and size of the working group. SPEECHSC, say, presumably has very different needs and scheduling constraints than, say, SIPPING. (SIPPING had approximately 75 new (00) drafts last year, counting both draft-ietf and draft-personal-sipping.)

An observer of many large WGs would argue that paying $500 to read email or play Solitaire isn't a particularly good investment, either...