Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-cms-mult-sign (CryptographicMessageSyntax(CMS) Multiple Signer Clarification) to Proposed Standard

2007-02-15 12:31:39
by error I send the following only to Russ

1:

When more than one signature is present, the successful validation
|  of one signature associated with a given signer is usually treated
|  as a successful signature by that signer.

in this text is sued twice but with different meanings, maybe this is
the cause of the confusion, I propose to make the following change
which does not indicate anything else.

   When more than one signature is present for a signer, the successful
   validation of one signature of that signer is usually considered
   as the signer having successfully signed.

2:

When
|     the collection represents more than one signature, the successful
|     validation of one of signature from a given signer ought to be
|     treated as a successful signature by that signer.
'represent a signature' is not defined. Do you mean "more than one signer"?
Is the text necessary at all in BOTH places?

When the collection contains more than one signature from a signer