Re: Request for input (patchwork RFCs)

2007-02-16 15:43:44
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007, John C Klensin wrote:

Lucy,

It seems to me that anything that the IAOC feels able to do without formally asking for community consensus is a candidate for an ION unless its significance is so broad that permanent/ archival RFC documentation is appropriate. I believe that IAOC should be able to make that decision, ideally announcing it in a way that would permit an appeal if someone felt the decision was seriously out of whack.

For this particular draft, I think that translates into "you decide". If I were deciding I would recommend ION, but that is just because I aspire to be a charter member of the "keep unnecessary administrative clutter out of the RFC Series" club.

Sign me up! Is there a secret handshake? Do I get to wear a fez?

   john