Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-02-26 15:22:33
Folks, in addition to the IPR disclosure that triggered this second
last call, I've received mail from an interested party that IPR held
by a third party who as far as we know was not involved in IETF
discussions of this draft may apply to the draft.  While the
interested party was willing to bring it to my attention, they did not
want to go through the hassle of filing a third party IPR disclosure.

It's clear that in my role as shepherding AD I should not take any
position on whether the IPR covers this draft.  I asked the IESG what
I should do and people thought that I was clearly obligated to file a
third party IPR disclosure making it clear that while I as an IESG
member took no position, I wanted the community to look at the IPR and
evaluate it.

Unfortunately, the document I have is a PDF of a scanned set of
images.  I don't have a good way to read it enough to even pull out
the title of the patent application.

Would someone be willing to take on the task of taking this PDF and
filing a third party disclosure?