secdir review of draft-ietf-enum-vcard-05

IESG.  These comments were written primarily for the benefit of the
security area directors.  Document editors and WG chairs should treat

Overall, I found this document to be fairly straightforward and easy to
understand.  This document registers the Enumservice "vCard" with three
subtypes; it is to be used to refer from an ENUM domain name to a vCard instance. As such, the security considerations of ENUM (RFC 3761, Section 6) apply; the reference
covers DNS security issues in some depth.

Section 6 of this document provides for discussion of additional security considerations, including privacy. I believe that this additional discussion combined with the security
considerations section of RFC 3761, covers the security issues.

Note that the ENUM record itself need not contain personal information; it just points
to a location where access to that information could be obtained.

The use of HTTP in this Enumservice allows for authentication and authorization to be utilized to provide access control to user information. The document requires use of standard HTTP authentication (RFC 2617) for this, typically protected within HTTPS.