Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib (Language Tag MIB) to Proposed Standard

2007-03-05 14:55:10

> Since tags of 1 character are never well-formed, I suggest that the
> definition:
>
>   SYNTAX      OCTET STRING (SIZE (0..60))
>
> be amended to exclude the 1-character case.  I assume that a zero-length
> tag, while also not defined in RFC 4646, was included in the I-D to
> allow the special case of "no tag."

AFAIK, ASN.1 does not allow sizes like (0, 2..60).  I wouldn't even
bother with this change.

I tried this:

   FooString ::= OCTET STRING (SIZE (0 | 2..60))

And, it worked with two different ASN.1 compilers.

Russ