Re: Correctly crediting "BGP Wedgies"

2007-03-22 01:48:37
On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

I mentioned "Randy Bush" when I was at the plenary mike tonight.

According to ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc4264.txt, it's Tim Griffin and Geoff Huston.

I was at NANOG when Randy presented TIM'S slides - http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0405/griffin.html. So I inadvertently mis-spoke. I've slept since 2004, apparently.

My apologies, which I can only offer along with encouragement for people who haven't read the presentation and/or RFC to check it out.

Tim's doing some interesting stuff now around routing policy and
what he calls metarouting. Just for fun see:

"Towards a Unified Theory of Policy-Based Routing"
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~ckc25/papers/INFOCOM06.pdf

head hurts now. going to lie down.

- Lucy

Thanks,