Identifying meeting attendees

2007-03-28 02:00:12

I realize that the IETF meeting attendee list is deliberately kept
"simplified" to avoid spamming and other mis-use. However, I think it
would be useful to at least include company/organization name (perhaps
even country) AND allow for sorting by any included field such as you
see here:

https://lirportal.ripe.net/lirportal/meeting/attendees/index.html?id=36

That's the RIPE meeting attendee list. You can sort by first name,
last name, organization, and country by simply clicking on the
appropriate column at the top. (Note that not all fields are
mandatory).

If we had such a list, it would be easy to answer questions such as:

"Who else is here from Nokia?"

... and so on.

Taking this one step further, perhaps we could get the ICANNwiki folks
to create a photo library to enable us to find other attendees more
easily:

http://icannwiki.org/Ole_Jacobsen

(I am not suggesting that we include the charicatures, but I do find
them enjoyable).

This way, even if you can't spell Barry Leiba, you could find out what
he looks like :-)

This picture thing takes some work and I am sure there will be folks
on this list who don't want to have their picture taken, but the
sorted list function would be very useful in my opinion.

Comments?

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: ole(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj