RE: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-04-06 14:41:43
Dean:

I'm still not clear on a few things:

-- When did Russ Housley learn of the Patent Filing?

I was aware that Mark Brown was working on a patent; however, I did not begin working with him until after his provisional patent application was filed. I did not see the claims until the filing became public.

Since I knew that a patent was in the works, but I did not know the details, at the time we submitted the -00 draft to the repository (which was February 2006), I reminded Mark Brown that an IPR statement might be necessary.

Russ