Re: Last Call: draft-williams-on-channel-binding (On the Use ofChannel Bindings to Secure Channels) to Proposed Standard

2007-04-11 12:10:20
Hi -

From: "Tom.Petch" <sisyphus(_at_)dial(_dot_)pipex(_dot_)com>
To: "ietf" <ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:43 AM
Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-williams-on-channel-binding (On the Use
ofChannel Bindings to Secure Channels) to Proposed Standard
Otherwise those who would benefit from it - isms, netconf, syslog, ... ? -
will
not understand what they might do.  I appreciate that something of this ilk
has
been around for a while (eg as when Ira McDonald pointed the isms list at
draft-puthenkulam-eap-binding-04.txt) but I think that it got no traction
because of its impenetrability.

In the isms WG, we were told that we could not use EAP.
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/isms/current/msg00464.html

Randy