Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-04-20 01:57:08
On 19 apr 2007, at 22.21, Dean Anderson wrote:

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Simon Josefsson wrote:

Finally, here is another problem to consider: Your patent isn't valid
in the entire world.

This isn't exactly true. RedphoneSecurity has a WIPO patent filing. That
gives them priority in every WIPO country, which is basically the
civilized world.  (184 member countries).
http://www.wipo.int/members/en/

The patent is valid for priority in Sweden. Swedish residents will have
to obtain a patent license.

That assume the PCT search report indicate that it is possible to patent this idea in Sweden. We haven't seen the PCT report, so it is not possible to tell. Still, until the patent has been issued, as far as I know, it is not valid.

But this tangent seems off-topic, so I'll refrain from further generic patent-discussions.

/Simon