Re: Last Call: draft-shacham-sipping-session-mobility (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Session Mobility) to Informational RFC

2007-04-22 16:16:30

As far as I can tell, there are three people that have posted an email abut this document in and some of theses got back to early 2005. I don't think this document has received adequate review from the SIP community.

It seems like the SH mode is preferable to the MMC mode in general because it allows the call to transfer to a device that does not have the limitations of the MN - and often that is why it was transfered in the first place. For example. if the MN did not understand video but the user wanted to transfer the call to a video phone.

It seems like the SIP URI for the device should be a GRUU.

It seems like you need to say what SLP services template-type for this to work.

I wonder how the MNC mode works with security such as say DTLS-SRTP given it is acting as a man in the middle.

When transferring to multiple devices, I think that devices today don't actually support this (as the document points out in first para of section 5.3.3) - I think that an option tag is needed to indicate support for this.

I'm not sure that the OPTION message is required to return all the codec a device can support - for one thing that often dynamically changes depending on what else is going on in video devices.

I can't really see how the SH mode will work without a require / supported tag.

Cullen < with my individual hat on>

PS - I gave this a very quick skim so I apologize if I misunderstood thing.