Re: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

2007-05-01 11:17:30
Dear Mark:

You volunteered extensive explanations about the specifics of your patent claims and licensing conditions per IPR disclosure 833. Thanks for doing so. There is no agreement or consensus to reach on these "substantive" questions, but your explanations may be useful to other participants in making their opinion on how the ietf standard drafting activities may proceed.

Stated differently, I don't think you are negotiating licensing terms with the discussion forum: you state your best description of licensing terms in the IPR disclosure, and the ietf does its own thing, i.e. standards drafting activities.

I doubt, however, that general principles (for standard drafting activities) can be easily inferred from the lessons of IPR disclosure 833, which is simply too complex!

Regards,

--

- Thierry Moreau

CONNOTECH Experts-conseils inc.
9130 Place de Montgolfier
Montreal, Qc
Canada   H2M 2A1

Tel.: (514)385-5691
Fax:  (514)385-5900

web site: http://www.connotech.com
e-mail: thierry(_dot_)moreau(_at_)connotech(_dot_)com