RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-enum-xmpp (IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP') to Proposed Standard

2007-05-02 09:46:21
In the Introduction, this I-D says:

    RFC 4622 [6] registers an Internationalized Resource Identifier
    (IRI) [5] and Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
    identifying XMPP entities.

There is no such thing as an IRI scheme, so the author may want to
correct the text; here is suggested wording:

    RFC 4622 [6] registers a Uniform Resource Identifier
(URI) scheme for
    identifying an XMPP entity as a URI or as an Internationalized
    Resource Identifier (IRI) [5].

Peter,

Thanks for performing that review - I have changed the text in the
Introduction as you suggested:

   RFC 4622 [5] registers a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
   identifying an XMPP entity as a URI or as an Internationalized
   Resource Identifier (IRI) [4].  The Enumservice specified in this
   document allows the provisioning of such "xmpp" URIs (and the URI
   representations of "xmpp" IRIs) in ENUM.

There are some errors in RFC 4622, which I have attempted to
correct in
draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt

However, I don't think those corrections materially affect the ENUM
registration in draft-ietf-enum-xmpp. To verify that
statement, refer to
the following diff:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org
%2Frfc%2Frfc4622.txt&url2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xmpp.org%2Finternet
-drafts%2Fdraft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt&difftype=--hwdiff

Thanks for pointing that out - i don't see any changes which are
relevant to the Enumservice registration.

Alex