Re: [OT] Internet / DNS Timeline (The History of the Internet DNS)

2007-07-19 08:15:20
On Jul 19, 2007, at 4:10 PM, Joe Baptista wrote:

Now this is an interesting little giggle. I made it into a DNS timeline. Incredible.

http://www.inaic.com/index.php?p=internet-dns-timeline

Incidentaly and by way of reference, these are the people who once operated the root servers for turkey. Now it is claimed to be unifiedroot - www.unifiedroot.com

Public-root, Unified-root, Pacific-root, OpenNIC, ATLD, ORSN, ORSC, New.Net, Cesidian-Root, ...

This reminds me about a brilliant commentary on sectarianism, present in Monty Python's Life of Brian, scene 7:

BRIAN:   Are you the Judean People's Front?

REG:     Fuck off!

BRIAN:   What?

REG: Judean People's Front. We're the People's Front of Judea! Judean People's Front. Cawk.

FRANCIS: Wankers.

BRIAN:   Can I... join your group?

REG:     No. Piss off.

BRIAN: I didn't want to sell this stuff. It's only a job. I hate the Romans as much as anybody.

PEOPLE'S FRONT OF JUDEA: Shhhh. Shhhh. Shhh. Shh. Shhhh.

REG:     Schtum.

JUDITH:  Are you sure?

BRIAN:   Oh, dead sure. I hate the Romans already.

REG: Listen. If you really wanted to join the P.F.J., you'd have to really hate the Romans.

BRIAN:   I do!

REG:     Oh, yeah? How much?

BRIAN:   A lot!

REG: Right. You're in. Listen. The only people we hate more than the Romans are the fucking Judean People's Front.

P.F.J.:  Yeah...

JUDITH:  Splitters.

P.F.J.:  Splitters...

FRANCIS: And the Judean Popular People's Front.

P.F.J.:  Yeah. Oh, yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

LORETTA: And the People's Front of Judea.

P.F.J.:  Yeah. Splitters. Splitters...

REG:     What?

LORETTA: The People's Front of Judea. Splitters.

REG:     We're the People's Front of Judea!

LORETTA: Oh. I thought we were the Popular Front.

REG:     People's Front! C-huh.

FRANCIS: Whatever happened to the Popular Front, Reg?

REG:     He's over there.

P.F.J.:  Splitter!