Re: IETF Streaming

2007-07-24 14:22:30
Marc Manthey wrote:

On Jul 24, 2007, at 8:24 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:

Joel Jaeggli wrote:
The webpage for the streaming has been updated to reflect the schedule
for monday and tuesday.

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/

One addition is that we intend to record and broadcast the Sunday IEPG
meeting located in the crystal ballroom from 1000-1200 CDT.

Regards
Joel Jaeggli

This information really needs to be on the IETF69 Meeting page.

its on the mainpage of the community wiki

http://community.ietf.org/wiki/

and what good is that?

The IETF69 Meeting web site is:

  http://www3.ietf.org/meetings/69-IETF.html

Folks interested in the IETF meetings go to that page not the wiki to
find out about the meetings.  On that page is a section on Agenda and
Presentations.  In that section are links to the agenda, the meeting
materials and the text conferencing.  If I didn't know that there was
audio streaming, how would I find out about it from the IETF69 meeting page?

Why should I have to guess at looking at the "Wiki for IETF 69" under
the Tools and Ticketing section in order to determine that there is
audio streaming?

The link should be under the "Agendas and Presentations".  Even better
would be links from the "Meeting Agenda" page to the audio streams,
presentations, and Jabber rooms for the individual sessions.  The
current web site might be organizer friendly but it is not attendee
friendly.