Re: Spammers answering TMDA Queries

2007-10-03 16:17:00
I believe the term is "tmda", not "tdma".

TDMA is a type of cell phone technology.

On 10/3/07, Hallam-Baker, Phillip <pbaker(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't see a problem if we eat our own dog food.

 The use of tdma type tech for mailing list subscriptions has been
considered best practice for over a decade. Personal use is nasty, brutish
and hopefully short.

 Allowing unsubscribed persons to post after a tdma authentication is a
courtesy, there is no obligation to extend it in the first place.

 Pooling the tdma responses across multiple ietf mailing lists is a further
courtesy.

 There is more we can do here but no more that we should feel obliged to do
- ecept for the fact that we are a standards organization and should eat the
dog food.

 In particular, sign the messages with dkim and deploy spf.

 Sent from my GoodLink Wireless Handheld (www.good.com)