RE: Geography briefiengs for IETF required

2007-10-07 08:37:57
Elisabeth -

Thanks you for your gracious and kind reply.  I appear to be guilty of
dropping the word "Continental" from the summary of results, and
apologize for apparently offending you on this point.  The results
summary should have read "Continental Europe."

Those who took the survey will have noticed (and this is available in
the downloadable results) that we in fact had listed a "U.K." choice as
well as a "Continental Europe" choice.

Regards
Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Elisabeth Porteneuve
[mailto:elisabeth(_dot_)porteneuve(_at_)cetp(_dot_)ipsl(_dot_)fr]
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2007 3:53 AM
To: Livingood, Jason
Cc: Elisabeth Porteneuve (labo)
Subject: Geography briefiengs for IETF required

Re your message posted to IETF list:

Subject: IETF 71: Results of Social Venue Survey
From: "Livingood, Jason" <Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 22:20:24 -0400

[...]

6.    Respondents were from a range of geographic locations:
      a.      U.S.: 55%
      b.      Europe: 27%
      c.      Asia: 7%
      d.      U.K.: 4%

Last time I checked the UK was in Europe. You may wish to add
geography brifiengs to the IETF attendees (from the US?), and
especialy those who make surveys.

Elisabeth Porteneuve