comment opposing TLS-authz "experimental"

2007-10-26 10:41:46
Hello,

as a developer of FOSS and commercial software, I'd like to voice my opinion
against the passing of the TLS-authz-standard as informational.

It's important for us, the devolopers, as well as our customers or users that
the nuts and bolts of our application - internet standards - are kept open
and free to access. Introduction of license-dependend technology there would
introduce incalculable costs for even the tiniest of developments, stiffling
competition as well as innovation.

So I sincerely hope that you will refrain from adding these informational
amendments to the standard.

Regards,

--
Diez B. Roggisch
Developer

T  +49 (30) 443 50 99 - 27
F  +49 (30) 443 50 99 - 99
M  +49 (179) 11 75 303
E  diez(_dot_)roggisch(_at_)artnology(_dot_)com