TLS Authorization Extensions

2007-10-26 10:44:20
I am writing to urge the IETF to reject the TLS Authorization
Extensions, unless the Extensions can be implemented fully (including
all Authorizations and access control methods) without royalty or other
encumbrance.  Freely implementable IETF standards are vital to the
openness of the internet.  Fundamental protocols like TLS must not be
encumbered by patent restrictions, which make it impossible for free
software to fully implement them.  Thus, I urge you not to approve TLS
Authorization Extensions as any form of standard.  Thank you for your
consideration.

Matthew Flaschen