Re: IETF Hosting Opportunity - March 2009

2007-12-14 04:02:13

On 29 nov 2007, at 05.55, Pekka Savola wrote:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Lars Eggert wrote:
I might not be fully up-to-date on our sponsoring process, but as I understand it, a meeting sponsor pays for a fraction of the direct costs for a given meeting. Other organizations charge a sponsor a flat amount that is based on costs that are averaged over multiple meetings. Yes, that means that sponsors of meetings in cheaper locations subsidize meetings in more expensive ones, but it also makes it financially irrelevant to the sponsor which exact meeting they support.

By the way, is there another mailing list for us to move this discussion to? Does the IAOC have an open list?

You can follow IAOC activity from the minutes at
http://iaoc.ietf.org/minutes/iaoc_minutes.html

Ooops, the latest minutes posted are from March 1st.

I forgot to reply to this before, so here is a catch up reply.

We are aware that we are behind on publishing the minutes. There are reasons for that, but the good news is that a batch of minutes are in the process of being approved by the IAOC and should be published shortly.

This again gives me the opportunity to solicit for volunteers to acts as scribes for the IAOC....

- kurtis -