Concerns about the NoteWell Data Evidence.

2007-12-16 07:06:14
Folks,
Since NoteWell contains a key part of any vetting process or documents key communications with the IETF, I believe a modification of the existing NoteWell specification is needed to 'force a IETF Staff Member or WG Chair' to response to a "READ REQUEST" tagged email appropriately and not doing so would violate the scope of that Staff Member's job.

In today's Digital Evidence world and with the new emerging standards for ESI, the world is changing, and in the interest of proving that the IETF is indeed "Open and Fair" and that all communications concerning management matters are properly received and reviewed, its important to be able to get a receipt acknowledgement when requested.

Otherwise, unauthenticated email doesn't really represent the IETF well. I also suggest that ANY AND ALL official communications from the IETF including ANY that pertain to Disciplinary Actions especially, are all digitally signed under eSign and other electronic signature acts globally.

Todd Glassey