Transition of www.ietf.org starts Wednesday, 16 January

2008-01-11 16:32:31
As previously described, transitioning the main IETF web site --
www.ietf.org -- will require setting a hold on virtually all web site changes
from the time the transition starts until testing is completed and
the actual cut-over occurs.  We will start this hold on Wednesday,
16 January 2008.

This hold does *not* affect data driven web pages, web sites hosted and
managed by third parties, nor *urgent* requirements.

You may continue to submit change requests to ietf-action(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
and you will receive a tracker ticket when you submit your request.
However, NSS will keep the tickets open and hand them over to AMS
after the transition is complete on 31 January.

This hold will remain in effect until Thursday, 31 January 2008, on
which day the actual cut-over will take place.  We will ask for
your patience during the week following this cut-over while AMS
catches up and processes all of the held requests.

If you have an *urgent* need for a web site change you should make
that known in your request.  They will be handled on a case-by-case
basis.

Thanks.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director