Additional Key words to Indicate Requirement Levels

2008-01-15 11:43:03
Greetings again. A few Internet Drafts are starting to adopt the MUST- / SHOULD+ / SHOULD- terminology from RFC 4307. So that people can point to stand-alone definitions, I created a small draft. From the announcement:

==========

        Title           : Additional Key words to Indicate Requirement Levels
        Author(s)       : P. Hoffman
        Filename        : draft-hoffman-additional-key-words-00.txt
        Pages           : 5
        Date            : 2008-01-15

Some document authors want to express requirement levels using the
traditional definitions of "MUST" and "SHOULD" from RFC 2119, but
also want to express that there is an expectation that later versions
of the document may change those requirements.  For example, they may
want to express "this SHOULD be implemented now, but we expect that
this will become a MUST requirement in a future update to this
standard".

This document defines three new keywords, "MUST-", "SHOULD+", and
"SHOULD-" to facilitate such definitions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hoffman-additional-key-words-00.txt