RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-netconf-notification (NETCONF Event Notifications) to Proposed Standard

2008-01-15 15:06:01
Since Mehmet and I recently took over as WG chairs I am now the
document shepherd. But the document writeup was already
done/prepared by one of the earlier WG chairs. So I am
submitting my review comments as IETF Last Call Comments.

- sect 2.2.1
  I asume that <eventTime> is of type dateTime!!??
  Would be good to state so.

- on page 14 I see:

   <rpc message-id="101"
      xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:base:1.0">
     <get>
      <filter type="subtree">
        <netconf xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netmod:notification">
           <streams/>
         <netconf>
      </filter>
     </get>
   </rpc>

  Should "netmod" be changed into "netconf" !!??
  Actaully, I wonder if the line
        <netconf xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netmod:notification">
  should be
        <netconf xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0">
  instead?

  Same question on page 15.
  Mmm... I see it in the Schema on page 17/18 as well. So maybe it is OK.
  Or is this an accidental inheritance from NETMOD efforts? Is there a good
  reason to make it netmod and not netconf?

- Page 29/30

   The above fictional notification definition could result in the
   following is a sample notification list, which is used in the
   examples in this section.

  On 2nd line s/is a// >>

- IN IANA COnsiderations, I guess that instead of
    Following the format in RFC 3688, IANA has made the following
    registration.
  We should have stated:
    Following the format in RFC 3688, IANA is requested to make the
    following registration.
  Oh well... that is what we intended to write ;-)

- I wonder how/why
   [XML Schema]
              Fallside, D. and P. Walmsley, "XML Schema Part 0: Primer
              Second Edition", W3C XML Schema, October 2004.
  would/could be a normative reference. It is a "primer", so some
  sort of education/tutorial on XML Schema, no?
  I doubt that that should be normative.
  But I think the issue is that the reference is not so well described.
  I think they mean to point to:

      http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/

  Which states:
             XML Schema Part 0: Primer Second Edition
             W3C Recommendation 28 October 2004
  So then it is a W3C recomendation, and then it may make sense as normative
ref.
  I think I would make the reference as follows:

   [XML Schema]
              Fallside, D. and P. Walmsley, "XML Schema Part 0: Primer
              Second Edition", W3C Recommendation, 28 October 2004
              <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/>

- I guess we should instruct the RFC-Editor to remove Appendix A
  (Change log) right before publication as RFC.

Bert Wijnen