Re: Internet Draft Submission cutoff dates

2008-02-01 14:46:49
On 1 feb 2008, at 22:14, Eric Rescorla wrote:

FWIW, I'm not an AD but I, like Cullen, try to read every draft for
every WG I attend, so workload is a definite issue.

Exactly.

It's good to have a few weeks between the point where you need to have
your own drafts done and the point where you need to have read other
people's drafts.

The IRTF RRG wg produced a bunch of drafts (some long and complex and
also new) shortly before the IETF meeting (where the RRG also met) and
I found that highly problematic. In addition, there's only so many
brain cells to go around, I would rather not use a larger proportion
of them for remembering deadlines because the deadlines for different
wgs are all different.

Any "fix" to the current system that makes it harder to have drafts
read before the meeting is a bad idea.