Dublin Host Announced

2008-02-05 16:46:36
The IAOC and the Internet Society are very pleased to announce that Alcatel-Lucent will be be the Host for IETF 72 in Dublin and has agreed to be the Welcome Reception Sponsor as well. [www.alcatel-lucent.com]

"Alcatel-Lucent is pleased to host the 72nd meeting of the IETF in Dublin, Ireland. We're committed to supporting the important work of the IETF on new standards as networks, services and applications all converge on IP." said Kevin Macaluso, VP/GM Service Router Product Group, Alcatel-Lucent.

Alcatel also had stepped up to host the IETF at IETF 61 in Washington DC in 2004, while Lucent hosted IETF 50 in Minneapolis in 2001.

We want to thank our benefactors. The IETF cannot support its technical standards efforts, including the Secretariat and RFC Editor, without the generous support of its hosts and sponsors.

While we look forward to seeing you all in July in Dublin, we are just weeks away from IETF 71 in Philadelphia 9 - 14 March. Registrations are open and operators are standing by (so to speak).. Visit http://www.ietf.org/meetings/71-IETF.html and join the 450 who have already registered.

Been thinking about hosting or sponsoring a future meeting? The meetings calendar through 2013 [www.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt] shows some of the possibilities. Specific opportunities available include IETF 74 in North America in March 2009. Just send Terry Monroe an email at monroe(_at_)isoc(_dot_)org and he can walk you through the opportunity.
Thanks again Alcatel-Lucent!  We couldn't do it without you.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director