Re: amsl.com certificate?

2008-02-21 13:13:29

--On Thursday, 21 February, 2008 12:57 -0500 Russ Housley
<housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com> wrote:

Timing did not allow this approach.  Registration for this
meeting is  being handled by AMS, our new Secretariat vendor.
However, we needed  to open registration for this meeting
before ietf.org was moved from  the old Secretariat vendor to
the new one.  This approach seemed like  the best way to deal
with the transition.

Russ,

Taking this as a given, can we be assured that future meetings
will be handled exclusively from ietf.org?  If so, then I think
we should, to the extent possible, write the issues with the
amsl.com certification off as a transition issue and move on.
If not, I would think that this discussion ought to expand into
examining the question of whether the example IETF sets ought to
involve certificate authorities and types that actually verify
an organization's identity and status, not just the ability to
obtain a domain name and set up a web site.

     john